With the new Autumn/Winter Rack N Roll 9 ball pool league season starting this Tuesday 10th October here is some information regarding League Information, League Cup, Mick Walkerdine Cup, Playoffs, Promotions and Relegations.
General League Information
Details for entry fee and game fees are as below:
· The full balance of the entry fee if partially paid will ideally be paid ASAP or by the half way point at the latest. All entry fees would need to be paid no exceptions.
· If you drop out for any reason on or after the first week, then any entry fee owed will be due instantly.
· If this isn’t paid then unfortunately you will not be allowed to enter any league or tournaments until it is cleared.
· The match/table/light fee is £3 per player per game. This goes to the club for use of the tables and to pay for trophies. This is due each league game played, no exceptions.
Details on match times, lateness, not turning up or dropping out as below:
· Remember fixtures on the website are just a guideline and subject to change, so unless you hear directly from Keith always assume you have a game.
· The matches each week will start from 6.30pm onwards. Both players will go into the queue of games once both have arrived.
· All players are required to be in by 7.45pm each week unless otherwise agreed with organiser prior to that week.
· If you cannot make it on any week then please inform me by 5.30pm at the latest. If you don’t then this could cause a forfeit of game.
· If you are running late on any week then please inform by 5.45pm ideally but no later than 6pm. If you inform me too late that you are running late. Then racks could be awarded to your opponent should the game be postponed for a later date and I can’t find them another game on the night.
· If you no show any week with no prior warning and you opponent cannot get another game. Then this game may be forfeited at organiser’s discretion.
· If repeated no show without warning then you may be removed from the league and any entry fee or game fees owed will be due ASAP.
· In the event a player has to forfeit a game due for either a no show, repeated no showing or at the end of the season if their unable to attend their last game/s. Then their opponent will be awarded a 3-0 win. If this affects another player or players prize money, playoff place or relegation. Then the offending player may receive less prize money from their share to make up the short fall for the other player/s and may also face a point’s deduction. This is at organiser’s discretion
· All games started on that night required to be completed on that night. If a player cannot then they may forfeit the remaining racks of that match. This is at organiser’s discretion and has final decision.
· If a player drops out for any reason during the season and they haven’t played everyone at least once. Then none of the games will stand and will be deleted from the record.
· If a player drops out after starting their 2nd round of games against everyone (or at least played every player one) but doesn’t complete them or get near to completing them, then all other players will be awarded a walk over for their 2nd game against them.
Division Format Details
Usual 9 ball rules apply. 9 Ball on the spot (rack high). No 3 point rule. Alternate break.
Division 1 will be a race to 8 (maximum of 14 racks) 3pts for a win and 1pt for a draw.
Division 2 will be a race to 7 (maximum of 12 racks) 3pts for a win and 1pt for a draw.
Division 3 will be a race to 6 (maximum of 10 racks) 3pts for a win and 1pt for a draw.
Division 4 will be a race to 5 (maximum of 8 racks) 3pts for a win and 1pt for a draw.
League Cup Details
The League Cup is 9 ball and straight knockout format. Early rounds will be a race to 6 up to the quarter final. Quarter final will be a race to 7. Semi-final will be a race to 9. The final is a race to 11. This will be winner breaks throughout.
Mick Walkerdine Cup Details
The Mick Walkerdine Cup is 9 ball and will be for the players that are in division three and division four. You will be able to find the draw under the Mick Walkerdine Cup section. This will be a race to 5 early rounds. Semi-final will be a race to 7. The Final is a race to 9. Winner Breaks throughout.
There will be a cup to the winner of each.
Play-off, Promotion & Relegation details
Details for eligibility for playoffs, to be paid prize money and promotion as below:
· The prize money is paid out at the end of the season via places in the league table and via the playoff system in each division. (Prizes for league position in play-off spots only).
· The playoffs are also used to determine who will be division champion and second promotion place in the lower divisions.
· Please note prize money will only be paid out if you have paid in full (entry fee and game fees) and completed a full season. There may be exception to this at organiser’s discretion.
· Amount of prize money will be dependent on entry fees paid in to each division.
· Finishing 1st in the division guarantees an automatic place in the playoff final and promotion in divisions 2, 3, 4.
· If a division of 9 or more players in a division then it will be top 5 in the play-offs.
· If a division of 8 or 7 then it will be the top 4 in the play-offs.
· The player who wins the playoffs is crowned champion for that division.
· The second promotion spot for divisions 2, 3, 4 will go to the player who gets to the final in the play-offs.
· There may be more promoted players from the play-off spots if the division above has spaces after sign-ups for the following season.
· The playoff quarter final and semi-final are scheduled to be played on Tuesday 5th March after last league week.
· Playoff final will be on Tuesday 12th March.
· The races in the play-offs are as follows. In division 1 quarter finals/semi-finals is to 9 and 11 in the final. In division 2 quarter finals/semi-finals is to 8 and 10 in the final. In division 3 quarter finals/semi-finals is to 7 and 9 in the final. In division 4 quarter finals/semi-finals is to 6 and 8 in the final these are all winner breaks throughout.
Payouts as below:
Division of 9 league positions: 1st £90, 2nd £55, 3rd £35, 4th £25, 5th £20
Division of 9 playoffs: Winner £100, Runner up £50, Semi-final £35, Quarter-final £20
Division of 8 league positions: 1st £85, 2nd £55, 3rd £35, 4th £25
Division of 8 playoffs: Winner £95, Runner up £50, Semi-final £35, Quarter-final £20
Division of 6 league positions: 1st £75, 2nd £45, 3rd £30
Division of 6 playoffs: Winner £80, Runner up £50, Semi-final £20
Details for relegation as below:
· For a division 1 players, the bottom two players.
· For a division 2 players, the bottom two players
· For a division 3 players, the bottom two players
· Some seasons there may be more players relegated in each division if we move back to more than the current divisions.
· This could mean either three/four/five players relegated in each division depending on the sign-ups the following season
· If a lot of players drop out for the following season and not many sign-ups, then players may not be relegated who are in the normal relegation places.
If you have any questions then please message me directly.
I would like to wish all the players the best of luck for the Autumn/Winter Season 2023/24 and remember to enjoy yourselves and respect your fellow players.