Details for the new season & on how to sign up
The Spring/Summer Season 2023 will start on Tuesday 18th April.
If you wish to enter then please contact league & tournament organiser Keith via text on 07917607276 with your first name and surname with your interest or email email@example.com
The league is currently has limited spaces for division 3/4 but I am taking names for the reserve list for the others. If we get enough players signed up to the reserve list, then we may go to four divisions but spaces couldn't be limited still. Also if any of the players currently signed up drop out and we have space in the division for your ability then I maybe to off you a spot. Please still get in touch to have your name added to the reserve list, as spaces can become available up to opening night.
Please make sure you can commit to being there every week (as this is a Tuesday night league only) or that you do not miss too many Tuesday nights over the course of the season. As this not fair on your fellow players turning up if you cannot or if you were drop out during the season.
Details for entry fee and game fee’s as below:
· The entry fee is £50 for the season. £50 payment or £25 partial payment will need to be paid by 4th April before the season begins to secure your place.
· Once this date has passed no entry fees will be refunded.
· The full balance of the entry fee if partially paid will ideally be paid ASAP or by the half way point at the latest. All entry fees would need to be paid no exceptions.
· If you drop out for any reason on or after the first week, then any entry fee owed will be due instantly.
· If this isn’t paid then unfortunately you will not be allowed to enter any league or tournaments until it is cleared.
· The entry fees paid in each division will cover all prize money for that division.
· The game/table/light fee is £3 per player per game. This goes to the club for use of the tables and to pay for trophies. This is due each league game played, no exceptions.
Details on match times, lateness, not turning up or dropping out as below:
· Remember fixtures on the website are just a guideline and subject to change, so unless you hear directly from Keith always assume you have a game.
· The games each week will start from 6.30pm onwards. Both players will go into the queue of games once both have arrived.
· All players are required to be in by 7.45pm each week unless otherwise agreed with organiser prior to that week.
· If you cannot make it on any week or running late then please inform me by 5.45pm at the latest. If you don’t then this could cause a forfeit of game.
· If you no show any week with no prior warning and you opponent cannot get another game. Then this game may be forfeited at organiser’s discretion.
· In the event a player has to forfeit a game due either for no show, repeated no showing or at the end of the season if their unable to attend their last game. Then their opponent will be awarded a 3-0 win.
· All games started on that night required to be completed that night. If a player cannot then they may forfeit the remaining racks of that match. This is at organiser’s discretion and has final decision.
· If a player drops out for any reason during the season and they haven’t played everyone at least once. Then none of the games will stand and will be deleted from the record.
· If a player drops out after starting their 2nd round of games against everyone but doesn’t complete them or get near to completing them, then all other players will be awarded a walk over for their 2nd game against them.
We have three divisions currently but we could revert back to four divisions depending on numbers for the new season.
League format will be as follows:
· Division 1 will be a race to 8 (maximum of 14 racks) 3pts for a win and 1pt for a draw.
· Division 2 will be a race to 7 (maximum of 12 racks) 3pts for a win and 1pt for a draw.
· Division 3 will be a race to 6 (maximum of 10 racks) 3pts for a win and 1pt for a draw.
· Division 4 will be a race to 5 (maximum of 8 racks) 3pts for a win and 1pt for a draw.
The League Cup is 10 ball and straight knockout format. Early round will be a race to 5 up to the semi-final. Semi-final will be a race to 7. The final is a race to 9. This will be winner breaks throughout.
The Mick Walkerdine Cup will be for the players that are in divisions three and four (or some players division 2 if only 3 divisions). You will be able to find the draw under the Mick Walkerdine Cup section. This will be a race to 5 early rounds. Semi-final will be a race to 7. Race to 9 in the Final. Winner Breaks throughout.
Details for eligibility for playoffs, to be paid prize money and promotion as below:
· The prize money is paid out at the end of the season via places in the league table and via the playoff system for the top 4 or 5 players in each division.
· The playoffs are also used to determine who will be division champion and second promotion place in the lower divisions.
· Please note prize money will only be paid out if you have paid in full (entry fee and game fees) and completed a full season. There may be exception to this at organiser’s discretion.
· Amount of prize money will be dependent on entry fees paid in to each division.
· Finishing 1st in the division guarantees an automatic place in the playoff final and promotion in divisions 2, 3, 4.
· If a division of 9 or more players in a division then it will be top 5 in the play offs.
· If a division of 8 or 7 then it will be the top 4 in the playoffs.
· The player who wins the playoffs is crowned champion for that division.
· The second promotion spot for divisions 2, 3, 4 will go to the player who gets to the final in the play-offs.
· There may be more promoted players from the play-off spots if the division above has spaces after sign-ups for the following season.
· The playoff quarter final and semi-final are scheduled to be played on either Tuesday TBC after last league week.
· Playoff final will be either Tuesday TBC.
· The playoff dates are subject to change and will be confirmed once final league numbers are confirmed.
Details for relegation as below:
· For a division of either 8/9/10 players then the bottom two players will be relegated. This is if it a normal season and players were not pushed up divisions from the season before.
· If a division of 11 players then it will be the bottom three or four players relegated. This will be confirmed once final league numbers are confirmed.
· Some seasons there may more players relegated in each division if we move back to more than three divisions. But this will be confirmed once final number of players is confirmed at the start of the season
· This could mean either three/four/five players depending on the sign-ups the following season
· If a lot of players drop out for the following season and not many sign-ups, then players may not be relegated who are in the normal relegation places.
Any questions then please contact me.